The Blue Mountains*, west of Sydney, is a beautiful place for ceremony. A workaday life can drown out the breaths of nature—but the forces of life are palpable all around in the Mountains.
There is no end to the range of settings and beautiful venues to suit every taste and every budget – from quiet nooks to spectacular lookouts, from quirky guest houses to palatial art deco buildings.
Now, don’t go getting lost if I show you just a few (of possibly hundreds of) examples…
- The heart of Katoomba is the beloved Carrington Hotel, with its exquisite art nouveau grand dining rooms, cocktail bars and lounges, library, billiard rooms little ballroom. Oh, and lovely accommodation.
- The grand and elegant art deco Hydro Majestic Hotel, perched on clifftop overlooking Megalong Valley. A one stop shop for a splendid ceremony!
- Jenolan Caves offers a unique and spectacular setting for ceremony, as well as reception and accommodation.
The National Trust’s historic houses a can provide beautiful (often surprisingly afffordable) venues for ceremony. A couple of my favourites in the mountains include
- Australian Artist Norman Lindsay’s home is now a gallery and museum at Faulconbridge (think The Magic Pudding and Sirens).
- The smaller, and hauntingly beautiful Woodford Academy is the oldest standing building complex in the Mountains.